Laney Klipp 100 service

I’ve starteed working on the Laney amp as mentioned in an earlier post found here. I had it recapped and with no tubes, slowly brought it up to main voltage. Here’s a picure of them new caps.

Laney Klipp100
Laney Klip 100

Here’s the preamp section.

Laney Klipp100
Laney Klipp 100

As it has fixed bias but not adjustable I added a bias pot and measure points accessible from the outside on the back of the amp as seen closer in this image. I’ve also installed new 1K screen resistors instead of the 470R :s.

Laney Klipp100
Laney Klipp 100

Here’s the back panel with the bias pot and the measure points.

Laney Klipp100
Laney Klipp 100

Time to power it up with tubes, I had the bias voltage set to -54VDC as in it’s original state. Checked with dummy load and scope and all voltages are in specs. Also changed a few resistors and the master volume pot installed before I recieved it.

Laney Klipp100

Now I just hope it plays as it should, well see.

/Krister

Bull

Here’s the first prototype of the zeta sound BULL. With red indicating led and red knobs.

Bull pedal
BULL
Bull pedal
BULL

The circuit board

BULL circuitboard component side
BULL circuit board
BULL circuitboard solderside
BULL circuit board

/Krister

Laney Klipp 100

An old Laney amp that needs som tendering.

Laney Klipp100

Blows the main fuse. Tinkered with as it has a master volume pot installed and traces of other activites.

Laney Klipp100
Laney Klipp100

Components close up.

Laney Klipp100
Laney Klipp100
Laney Klipp100
Laney Klipp100

Checked the power transformer and it seems to be functional. I’ll start with recapping them old electrolytes.

/Krister

Boss DD-3 repaired

Checked the switch for D.TIME due to the problem of changing from 200mS to 800mS of delay. Found it’s not the cause. Had the wiring from the switch resoldered and it’s hey, it’s back in normal operation! Also fixed the knob for E.LEVEL wich was glued in place.

Boss DD-3 repair
A Boss DD-3 repaired

/Krister

Mullard GE diodes

Found these vintage OA5 germanium diodes in the box of vintage stuff. Beutiful diodes indeed. Got to make something with them, just don’t know what? Anyone care for a custom built pedal with these beuties under the hood and in what circuit?

Mullard OA5 germanium diode
Mullard OA5 germanium diodes

/Krister

Lady Dirt in stereo

Some pictures from the work bench.

High voltage tube pedal Lady Dirt
Lady Dirt times two.

I like how the circuit board appears in black and white.

High voltage tube pedal Lady Dirt Circuit board
Lady Dirt tube sockets and pots side of the circuit board.
High voltage tube pedal Lady Dirt Circuit board
Lady Dirt component side.

And a gut shot.

High voltage tube pedal Lady Dirt guts
Lady Dirt guts.

/Krister

Boss DD-3 repair

Got a Boss DD-3 on the workbench.

Boss DD-3 repair
The Boss DD-3 pedal

Got some problem with the pots I was told. Nice and clean on the solder side of the circuit board.

Boss DD-3 repair
Solder side of the circuit board

Here’s a picture of the component side.

Boss DD-3 repair. circuit board
Boss DD-3 circuit board

When played it seems the select knob has trouble changing from 200mS to the 800mS setting.

/Krister