Laney Klipp100 amplifier after modification. The master volume pot was a mod already made. It now holds a switch for channel selection, a 6,3mm jack for remote channel switching and indicating leds for each channel.
Back of the amplifier. Bias pot, bias measuring points , effects loop with send level pot and a gain switch.
Here’s an image with the channel switching circuit board installed using optocouplers .
A closer look at the gain switch mod and the effects loop.
Here’s an image of the bias pot with measuring outlets and the transformer for the channel switching circuit,
Turning the Boss DS-1 into something more of an overdrive, giving it a more dynamic response. Changes are made to the transistor booster stage, OP-amp gain stage and the overall frequency respons. Check Thomas Ziden as he gives an somewhat unusual pedal demo.
Got a dead Boss DS-1 on the bench for repair and modification. I just had to replace the fried opamp and it was up and running. I was also told to mod the pedal in anyway I liked. Ever since I made the T-rex Mudhoney 2:nd stage mod the idea has been there to try something similar on a Boss or Ibanez pedal. So here it is on a Boss DS-1 pedal, the feature to choose a latching or momentary bypass.
I found the time to get my mod for the Mudhoney done. First a gut shot of the pedal in its original state, nice and clean.
First thing was to remove the HEF4013 in order to take control of the bypass circuitry.
The new circuit board that will control the fet bypass circuitry and the boost.
Here’s a caption where I’ve mounted the footswitches for bypass and boost, two toggle switches for the momentary/latching option and a third one for the clipping diodes.
The clipping diodes a pair of AA144 germanium.
Time to do some wiring then. The effects circuit board has had the boost switch removed, the original clipping diodes lifted from the ground plane on the circuit board. The new pot for tuning the gain is also in place. Here’s a caption of it wired up.
And a short video in an earlier stage where I’m testing the switching options.
And a picture of the pedal when it’s all done.
Well what can you say, that turned out somewhat different compared to the original.
Working on new mod for the T-Rex Mudhoney pedal. The plan is to use two stomp switches as in the mod I done before. One controlling the Boost on/off and the other one for bypass. What differs is the option to choose between latching and momentary action for the stomp switches.